Origins of American Sports
- Students write a five-aragraph essay discussing the reasons behind the invention of a number of sports.
- Reading and comprehension of materials related to the origin of a sport of their choice.
- Simulate a dramatic performance of a significant event in American sport.
- Research various distances involved in particular parts of playing fields.
- Linear equations and graphing different events (playing field data).
- Why and how did these sports come to be?
- Oral and written presentations on the discovery and proliferation of each sport chosen.
- Research activities related to bodies in motion.
- Kinetics of each sport.