- Students will read documents and the literature of the times of various significant Olympic events.
- Students will write an autobiography, as if they were a competitor in the very first Olympic games.
- Students will explore why the "Stadia" was the distance that it was.
- Students will calculate distances, areas, and circumferences of the various Olympic events.
- Students will study the history of the Olympic Movement.
- Students will learn how the Olympics have evolved into the multimillion-dollar events that we now see.
- Students will be introduced to the Physics involved in each of the Olympic sports introduced.
- Practical chemical application; for instance, cold packs, heat packs, eye black, etc.